Siobhan is launching a series of one day training events. These build upon the years of successful training she has provided for organisations and mean that these events are now available to everyone. Making these exciting CPD opportunities accessible to all.
Training days are scheduled to run from 10am till 4pm with lunch and refreshments provided. A full set of handouts will be provided and all participants will receive both an attendance certificate and a free publication. Other publications will also be available on the day to purchase at a discounted rate. All of this for just £50.00
Siobhan aims to bring social work theory to life by providing quality informative input and facilitating lively discussions. She has a unique ability to create a positive learning environment where complex issues can be explored in a meaningful and understandable way.
The sessions are scheduled from 10-4 to allow for people travelling. However Siobhan will also be available after the session for one to one or small group time for any learners who have specific questions or require some individual input.
Some of the recent feedback has included.
“Re-energised my social work practice”
“I feel like I understand theory for the first time”
“Wish I had had this much earlier in my career”
“Cannot believe how much I have learned in one day”
Here are our current training days…
This very popular session covers:
- What do we mean by theory in social work?
- What are the differences between theories, models, methods and approaches?
- Why is theory informed practice important in social work?
- Why does the question “what theory are you using there?” strike fear into students and social workers?
- What are the main barriers to using theory in practice?
- How do we theories in social work?
- A “refresher” of the main contemporary theories in social work practice
- Exercises to help identify the application of theory to practice
Links to the PCF… Essentially theory permeates the whole PCF and so all nine domains will be addressed to some degree, but most significantly this session will link to the domains around knowledge and skills and intervention.
Links to HCPC Standards of Proficiency… The standards of proficiency will underpin all content, but most specifically the following requirements will be covered:
13.4 Understand in relation to social work practice:
• social work theory;
• social work models and interventions;
14.4 Be able to use social work methods, theories and models to achieve change and development and improve life opportunities
Upcoming Dates for this course: 11th May 2015 in Coventry Click Here to Book Your Place
To express your interest in other dates for this course, Click Here.
Reflective Practice in Social Work
This session explores:
- What do we mean by reflection, reflective practice and reflexivity?
- What is the difference between reflection and critical reflection?
- Why is reflective practice so important in contemporary social work?
- What are the barriers to reflective practice and how might we overcome these?
- The “Big Six”: Concepts in reflection
- Theories and models of reflection
- Using models to enhance reflection
- Improving critically reflective writing
Links to the PCF… Essentially theory permeates the whole PCF and so all nine domains will be addressed to some degree, but most significantly this session will link to the critical reflection and analysis domain.
Links to HCPC Standards of Proficiency… The standards of proficiency will underpin all content. It will specifically address standard 11 be able to reflect on and review practice
To express your interest in this course, Click Here.
Professional Identity in Social Work
Social workers are really good at building on individual identity and we use a range of techniques to support people to build their self esteem and to ensure that their individuality is responded to. However we are not so good at looking at our own professional identity. This interactive session explores:
- The nature of social work
- What being a social worker is like
- The what? why? and how? of social work practice
- Exploring a practitioner’s core
- Creativity in social work practice
- International perspectives: seeing the bigger picture
Links to the PCF… Essentially theory permeates the whole PCF and so all nine domains will be addressed to some degree, but most significantly this session will link to the first and last domain (professionalism and professional leadership).
To express your interest in this course, Click Here.
Training and Consultancy Services For Organisations
Siobhan provides a range of training services for organisations. She can design and deliver bespoke training and can link this with a range of qualifications. Social work training is all PCF linked and social and health care training is all QCF linked.
Clients include local authorities, colleges, City and Guilds, Universities, providers of health and social care services in the independent sector and independent training agencies.
Siobhan has a passion for the sector and ensures her training is practical and directly linked. Costs are surprisingly affordable. Do contact us to discuss any learning and development needs within your organisation.
Siobhan and our associates have carried out a number of research, consultancy and development projects for organisations including local authorities, health care providers and Skills for Care. Our background, experience and networks, matched with our consultancy and writing skills, places us in an ideal position to carry out a range of projects for your organisation.
For information and advice please contact us.